What is SAGE?
SAGE is a Staffordshire-based charity that supports LGBT+ people, their families and friends. We also welcome people who are questioning their gender and/or sexuality.
Our purpose is to support and empower LGBT+ people to be full and active members of the communities of which they are a part.
- 1 – 1 support
- Group support
- Opportunities for volunteers
Our mission at SAGE is to empower LGBT+ individuals to be active and full members of the communities in which they live.
We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live authentically and with dignity, regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
SAGE offers a wide range of services and resources to achieve this goal, including support groups, educational workshops, and advocacy and outreach programs. We also work with local organisations and government agencies to promote policies and practices that support the LGBT+ community.
SAGE is committed to raising awareness about LGBT+ issues and working to dismantle discrimination and prejudice against LGBT+ people.
Our advocacy and outreach efforts aim to promote understanding, acceptance, and equality for all LGBT+ individuals.
We also have a strong online presence and regularly update our website with resources, information, and news related to LGBT+ issues.
SAGE is a reliable and well-respected organisation that is committed to making a real difference in the lives of LGBT+ individuals, their families, and their friends. We invite you to learn more about our organisation and the services we offer by using the information on this website or contacting us directly. 07764 457 591
LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) is an acronym used to refer to the community of individuals who identify as non-heterosexual or non-cisgender. Here are some common identities within the LGBT community and their meanings:
- Lesbian: a woman who is attracted to other women
- Gay: a person who is attracted to members of the same gender (traditionally used to refer to men)
- Bisexual: a person who is attracted to both men and women
- Transgender: a person whose gender identity does not align with the sex they were assigned at birth
- Queer: an umbrella term used to describe individuals who identify as non-heterosexual or non-cisgender
- Asexual: a person who does not experience sexual attraction
- Pansexual: a person who is attracted to all genders
- Non-binary: a person who identifies as neither entirely male nor entirely female
- Genderqueer: a person who identifies as neither entirely male nor entirely female and identifies as a combination of both or neither
It’s worth noting that this list is not exhaustive, and there are many more identities within the LGBT community. Also, these are not the only meaning of these words as there can be different interpretations as per the context and individual.